Personal Style and lifestyle by Amanda C.Watson

Saturday, March 24, 2012

I love thee and I dont want to lose you



Glasses - H&M, Jacket - courtesy of Sheinside, tshirt - Gina Tricot, Belt - Beyond Retro, Shorts - courtesy of oasap.com
Hello my belles, hello my dear blog. A couple of days ago I received the results of the pap test that I did a couple of weeks ago = (. And unfortunately for me the test was positive, they found some cell changes on the cervix canal. I still cannot tell you for sure, what it is and if it can turn into cancer. Now, they told me that I shouldn’t worry and that this abnormality might go away and that is very common, and that I should be glad that they caught it early.. All this, calms my nerves, but at the same time I’m still very concern.
I’m crossing my fingers and I hope that my body can fight this…( I don’t want an  operation, I don’t want to go trough this , I just  hate hospitals so so so much, I don’t wanna be part of this) In a couple of weeks they are going to do the test again to see if everything has gone back to normal. What I don’t get is why I need to wait. Why can’t they just do something about these changes NOW, Oh I wish they could!… Why do I need to wait and see if the problem heals by it self? And what if it doesn’t go away… and what if the next result shows that they found cancer. I hate the fact that they try to calm me down by telling me that is normal… Almost like saying that getting cancer is normal? Or am I exaggerating… I do understand that it’s normal to get cancer, but still… 
Even though this is “just an abnormality”  and that they caught early, all I can ask  myself is why Me? I don’t want to have cell changes in my body, I don’t want to have to worry about abnormalities that might or may not evolve into a monster. Im 23 years old and I have barely done anything with my short live,  and its not fair that I need to worry about cancer NOW…. On the other hand I do think I’ve done a lot, but there is so much more I wanna do… But Im not going to stress myself over this  ( I promise) And I’m hopeful and I  just hope, hope that this abnormality goes away… 
Things you should know:
·      A pap test is a screening used to detect potentially pre-cancerous and cancerous process in the cervix canal
·      Cell changes are common, and in some cases they turn in to cancer, if they are detected early the are treated with a “simple operation”
·      You should start thinking about getting the pap test, once you hit your 20’s and after that you should do it once every 3 or 6 years depending on your result history – in my case if everything goes fine, I will be doing it every 6 months, and after that every 3 years. (Don’t ignore this test) it’s as important as a mammogram.
·      In some countries like in Sweden , they automatically call you in when you are 23. I heard that in Great Britain you can do it when you are 21
·      There is a vaccine that can prevent this, so do what it is necessary to take it…
Now lets talk about something a little bit more cheerful…I wasnt going to post this post together with these photos, but at the last moment I changed my mind... I look so happy and almost careless, even though Im very concern... So what Im trying to do is to be positive... These pictures will turn this negative post in to a positive one =)

PS. : I applied for some master programs and I m so exited about this, so let just hope I get in, and  lets hope that the my body can fight this abnormality without any complications
Follow done n done
SHARE:

46 comments

  1. Amazing outfit!

    www.laceandpearlsbyroos.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hun, just believe that your body is stronger than you know. Thank you for the awareness.
    Oh yeah cute outfit.

    http://mybwd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVELY! <3

    xoxo,
    view and follow? daraferrari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these photos and that belt!

    http://www.hsquaredfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no...that sounds serious! :(
    Really hoping it'll heal itself too...but for now, just keep doing what you're doing and stay positive!
    Great outfit, and yes, you do look carefree here. Aha, the cross tee is super cute, especially tucked into your shorts and belt <3

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! =) Yes staying positive will help! thank you for your support!

      Delete
  6. cute top and trust in your strength have faith you will get through this

    www.deejayspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! you are gorgeous!

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no :( Hopefully it will heal itself, it's a good thing they caught it early!

    Your outfit is really cool, I love the top and jacket :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I should be grateful for that =) thank you

      Delete
  9. cette tenue te va super bien!!! pas encore assez chaud ici pour sortir les shorts ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci ma belle! Il fait froid ici aussi =( oh, Je ne peux pas attendre plus longtemps ....J ai besoin du soleil immédiatement!

      Delete
  10. Hi! thanks so much for your comment in my blog, it's so nice to hear from people like you! Wanna follow each other?! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos my dear! I'm so sorry to hear about the test results, I really hope it turns out to be nothing serious. In the mean time just focus on taking care of yourself and try to stay positive
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this love but at the same time, I'm very happy to hear that it's only an abnormality and that you'll be okay! I had a scare awhile ago as well and it's such an unpleasant thing to go through, but you're asking the right questions and will be fine!

    That's so exciting about the masters program too -good luck! Beautiful pics lovely!

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stay positive girl! My sister just actually went through something similar not too long ago, it turned out she was okay :) I hope the same happens for you!

    These photos are super cute!

    xx Analisa

    www.rougefox.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. these photos are so much fun and um... i really want those shorts!! everything really. love the look girl

      Delete
  14. I am sure nothing is going to happen. Just keep yourself healthy and don't think too much.!!
    Keep on believing!!

    thanks for stopping by and those sweet comments.

    xx
    selvia
    http://am2pmchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Be positive! Your pics are amazing!!! love your attitude:)

    Kisses, Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry to hear about your test results, but I honestly believe that you're going to be fine no matter what! I'm sending you all the love and strenght :)
    Love your photos, they're so happy and cheerful!

    Have a wonderful week hun!<3

    xo,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are absolutely stunning. I am in love with this outfit and your hair is killer.

    I'm really sorry to read about your potential cancer! My sister had cervix cancer and while it resulted in her having a hysterectomy, she's totally fine and healthy now. So here's to hoping the best happens for you and good luck with your master programs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That must be so terrifying! I really hope you get the clear in your next pap test!!! I'm sure you'll be fine :)

    Love your tee!

    Carmen Ri.

    ReplyDelete
  19. thank you! and great pics!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi love, don't stress over the results until you have the final conclusion for sure. You'll be allocating time to something you are uncertain about, and at the end, maybe it was for nothing! I have heard from many people that it is common for the cells to mutate and then go back to normal. I had a friend that received the same results as you and she is absolutely fine. Regardless, I hope everything is okay when you find out! xoxo

    xo,
    Tania
    www.bunniebar.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Found your blog, and now I'm following !! <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the fun photos, great outfit + post!

    XO J
    www.style-worthwhile.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my god...I don't even know what to say, except that first of all, you're exceptionally brave to even share this with all of your readers, and that you still keep on blogging and thinking positive thoughts in the middle of all of this.

    I feel you, hospitals give me the creeps also, and lately I've had some tests done as well cncerning my heart but everything turned out ok.... And from the bottom of my heart I really wish and believe that everything's gonna turn out well for you as well. You're right, you don't deserve this and when something like this happens to someone especially at our age, it just makes you think that life can be a real bitch at times....But I believe that the fact that your so young will only help your body to fight this!

    Lots of strength for you dear, I'm keeping my fingers crossed as well. <3

    Love from Finland,
    -Outi
    http://alamode-outi.blogspot.com

    Ps. Love the awesome pics and the outfit, you're gorgeous as always.

    ReplyDelete
  24. stay strong,girl. I know you can fight it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a great post, I really like it, these pics are so nice!
    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???
    Three lucky person will win a pair of sunnies of therir choice, enter the contest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stay strong! Thank you for sharing this story - you were very brave to do so and might inspire others to go get checked. Well wishes to you!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi! I just start this amazing blog that is gonna change your life!! Well, jaja maybe not, but surely you like it:
    http://mon-whatsshewearing.blogspot.com/
    PS: Follow if you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your style is lovely as are your pictures! I'm a new fan!

    Please check out my latest personal style outfit post which is being featured on the DailyBuzz Style March 9x9 challenge! http://www.goodbadandfab.com/2012/03/dailybuzz-style-9x9-personal-style-post.html

    www.goodbadandfab.com
    the personal style and fashion musings of a LA Asian fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Amanda... i am praying for your safe and quick recovery! This is really scary and you are so brave to speak about it <3 I am so happy that it is "normal" and that it was caught early!! I wish i could make everything all better for you in a matter of seconds. stay strong babe, i know you will <3 stay positive and whatever happens you have us!!!!

    love, james

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you my dear Jamie. I wish I could make this just go away as well =) Thanks =)

      Delete
  30. I really wish and believe that everything's gonna turn out well for you as well. You will fight and win this!
    You are so positive when you wrote on my blog...so I know you will win this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. SUPER FASHION POST!!!
    IF U WANT TO VISIT MY BLOG STREET CHIC http://chicstreetchoc.blogspot.com/
    U CAN ALSO FIND ME ON FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/pages/Street-Chic/126609910754628

    ReplyDelete
  32. You look fab. I hope everything turns out well.<3

    ReplyDelete
  33. those are awesome shorts!! great style xx

    ReplyDelete

© Done n Done. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig