Personal Style and lifestyle by Amanda C.Watson

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Where do we go?

Don't I look like a school girl here? Well, When I was leaving in Costa Rica, I used to wear an uniform like this, The pleated skirt was exactly like the one Im wearing but the color was blue, and on top I wore a plain white blouse, and on chilly days I used to wear a sweater, just like this one  and I was happy... For some reason this look got me thinking about how some people take school for granted while there are many children specially girls who dont get the chance to go to school because they are girls. Or those who dont get the chance to go to school because they lack the financial part. It also got me thinking about those who dont wanna go to school because they are being bullied. I used to be bullied and sometimes I didnt want to go to school... But some days I just suck it up and went anyway and now here I am (but still not quite there...) Being discriminated against or when I hear that someone is being discriminated because of their gender, color or background makes me literally boil inside, I feel like my organs are screaming, my whole body screams inside, but at same time I feel completely paralyze, just like in the pictures... So the question is,  where do we go when someone tells you you are not allow to go to school because you are a girl? Where do we go when someone tells you, you are not welcome here because of you color, Where do we go when someone tells you, are never going to make it because of your background?  Do we go home and hide, or do we suck it up and try to work trough it with whatever we got, while we hope that someday things might change?But things might never chance unless we ALL do something about it. 


Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest
SHARE:

39 comments

  1. Love that skirt
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is so adorable! I really love how the pink skirt gives a nice twist to the clean black look:)
    I feel the same way that you. If there's something I really don't accept, it's discrimination. We're all different but we're all worth the same!

    xx,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i love this outfit, you look gorgeous! love your hair! xx

    coffeebooksandcitylights.blogspot.com/
    facebook.com/rocknrolllies

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute and preppy today :)

    totally love it !

    Love,

    Jen

    Fashion Milkshake Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great skirt!!Lovely blog. What about following each other?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colour of the pleated skirt!

    I do agree, changes can sometimes only be made if we all do something about it. It's sad to hear when people are being discriminated against.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to take my education for granted but now I value every cent of it. It is unfortunate that some people have to pay for education, especially when here in the states we get free education

    ReplyDelete
  8. The skirt is so cute but chic, since you combined it in a very classy way!
    I like this look a lot! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look like an awesome school girl, keep your head up!
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c(”)(”)
    http://www.bunnymysweet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! And we don't hide, that's when you have to find that inner strength and fight back! Everyone, especially people of color, have had and still do have to deal with the unfortunate case of discrimination. Like you mentioned with education, it's so important, and it is a shame that not everyone is afforded that opportunity. Really makes you count your blessings.

    -Kris
    The Kris Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  11. That skirt is so adorable!

    www.laceandpearlsbyroos.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your outfit very much, especially the skirt. As for the issue... I know it's very difficult to break the system, but the good thing is that there are many other groups and systems that are different from the unwelcoming one. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pleated skirt is too cute!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous skirt and shoes! you look pretty!

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That skirt is stunning! You styled this outfit so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! I love everything.

    style-drum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. i totally love all ur style. am a follower. when i was very little, I used to have a skirt like that too in navy blue. I always thought it would make me look like a school and not age appropriate if I wear it now but you inspire me to wear one right now. :) its so cute.. love the color.

    www.bhutangirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look beautiful! :) I've been left out of croups in school sometimes and I think that has made me a bit shy.. I don't really know how to make friends because I'm afraid they wont like me. I guess it's dum to think that way because I do have friends..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your pleated skirt!! Great girly color to add on.

    http://heydahye.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. the sweater layered over the pleated skirt is so cute.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  21. nice blog :)would you like to follow each other? let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that pleated skirt and the Litas :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look very cute.
    And what you telling is so true. Some of us are really privileged. I used to complain a lot about nonsense, until life put some .real. obstacles on my way (I also got my piece of discrimination when I was living as an immigrant in Japan, however worse was the quake and the Fukushima incident). Anyways, we should really appreciate what we have and help others to get that too, instead of complaining about something innecessary.
    x, Lara
    http://rockteraptor.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow!!! Cool look. Your skirt and the shoes are sooo awesome <3
    xo

    glamDevils

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous outfit! Loving the skirt and the way you paired it! Beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  26. fantastic outfit, love your hair :)

    <3

    http://elzanapjevic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh wow! This outfit is stunning! It does have a school gril vibe but in a good way :) I love it!

    http://www.danielleyc.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yes, it's never right to judge or discriminate others. We don't hide, we just keep moving and have hope to strengthen ourselves, knowing that we can do anything in life, despite what others say we cannot. I used to have to wear a uniform like this growing up in school. You look so adorable. Happy weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow this is absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  30. i love the questions you raised..i feel very dearly about girls who don't get to go to school for various reasons..the first part is educating the elders why it is important to do so..we still have a long way to go unfortunately to eradicate it completely.
    following you through bloglovin..i like the way your mind works girl!

    ReplyDelete

© Done n Done. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig