Personal Style and lifestyle by Amanda C.Watson

Monday, May 6, 2013

Nr. 7350 - Im running my first marathon =)



So I started running for the first time in my life in 2011... Ever since I started, I would always tell me myself: Amanda you need to do a marathon, you just need to go online find one and just sign up... I would get online and find one, but I never had the courage to sign up, until now... Two months ago I did the unthinkable, I sign up together with some girls of my UN women group. Its only a half marathon, but still... Omg, Im running a marathon! The race is on the 13th of May and Im a lite bit scared, exited, nervous and happy, all at the same time... Gosh, I remember that at the begining,  I cound'nt even run 1 km. And now I run around 5 - 7 km without a problem, but I feel like this marathon is still going to be a challenge. I always get an amazing kick out of running.. Its a feeling I cannot explain. When I run I feel so high on life, and I feel soooo alive. So Im hoping that this marathon is going to give me a great adrenaline rush =) 
So since I am doing this pretty soon and Im such a noobie at this, I wanted to ask you:
 Have you ever run a marathon? If yes, what did you do before, besides training? What did you do the actual day of the run?
If no, Would you ever do it ? Do you run on the regular basis? 
 Please share your opinions =) 
 One thing, I do almost all the time, specially before a run is to go on tumblr and just find inspiration... SO that's why I decided to share these pics with you... to inspire myself and the rest of you, to go for a RUN or maybe even sign yourself up for a marathon =. Another thing that inspired me is to check out sportwear so that's why Im going to leave you with what I would wear for a run =) 

Inspiration look: 

 Follow on Bloglovin

SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Oh, that sounds great! :) I'm in a horrible shape..maybe I should buy some nice sporting clothes, like in the first photo. :) I bet I'd go out jogging a lot more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A marathon?! Oh wow, I'm impressed. It sounds like a lot of hard work and sweat, too, but I believe you can do that! ;) I've always wanted to take part in one, too, but so far, I was always too busy, but I keep training (I go running for 30 to 60 minutes every day if I can). So I'm always searching for suitable sports clothes, and you just inspired me to buy some new pieces. ;)
    Good luck, iron girl. ;)

    Love
    Ninon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these images! Good luck.

    xo
    Emily Jenny
    Stiletto Beats

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started running recently...trying to get fit.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck!!!! ahhh a marathon!! that's impressive. i don't think i would be able to do that.. hahah

    -theresa
    collaredblouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, that's one awesome goal girl! Go get em! So inspiring :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! marathon!!! way to go girl! no, i have never run a marathon before.

    xoxo
    mochaccinoland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. A half-marathon? Good for you! I used to be a runner and I know exactly the feeling you're describing :) Sadly, I got hurt and I can't run anymore - I'll definitely be thinking of you on your big day!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting!!!! You go girl ;)



    XX,
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really Motivating this is awesome

    www.islandchic77.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this post!
    and ur blog :)
    wanna follow each other?
    xx
    www.themidniteblues.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, You go girl... I've been wanting to do one for a loooong while, I train for it and then when I see it coming .... I don't know what happens (I think they call it fear of failure :-) )
    Please, let us know how it went. I am really interested in hearing about your experience and most of all.... tips for first timers ??
    XX from Miami,

    ** Styleidnet INSTAGRAM **
    ** Style Id Net **
    * Bloglovin *
    .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Im so addicted to those free runs! thanks for visiting and keep in touch!:)

    xx pauline
    classycroissant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Done n Done. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig