Personal Style and lifestyle by Amanda C.Watson

Friday, September 19, 2014

Why can´t you be happy with me


DSC_2036
DSC_2031
DSC_2030
DSC_2029
DSC_2033
DSC_2022
Crop top + Boots (Monki), Cardigan+ Skrit +Necklace + Hat(H&M)

I can't wait you see me 'round the corner, 
running up into the upswing
Call me, I'm done, when I speak about the truth
The moment come the bottom to the down beat, 
It's not easy there when you feel the wear
Patients bring the chair, ooh-oh oooh-oh

Everyday do you notice that we're never free
Why can't you be Happy with me?
Everyday we are running, though we're not trapped in the sea
Oh, why can't you be Happy with me?!
Oh, why can't you be Happy with me?!


Holychild Im in love with you! I found this new indie band called holychild. I just watched an interview that explains the meaning behind their cool songs and now I feel more in love... The song are basically a critic towards the image of ourselves that is being projected, reproduced, constructed and indoctrinated trough the media and social norms. She basically criticized gender roles, having to follow norms and unconsciously/secretly loving the fact that you are following a systematical structure because you are longing for stability. Happy with me is about our lack of freedom, we are basically trapped in a world that constructs ours live by reproducing power relations, norms and so on. In a world like that being outside the norm becomes instantly a problem... So that's why the hook goes, Why can't you be happy with ME. 

At the moment I'm  so obsessed about this song because I feel like people and the rest of world usually can't accept us just the way we are. In relationships, friendships and even in inside of our families I see we are always expecting more from us. I also know that every time I hear: why can't you be happy with me... And immediately, I think about my five year relationship that ended rather abruptly (just recently) and being rejected by another guy soon after that... 
The part when she sings that we are not free and we keep running away almost as we were trapped in the sea is something I can totally relate in so many different ways. The fact that I always find myself running away from conflicts, somehow always finding myself in sensitive matters, always wanting to move, the feeling of being trapped, feeling overwhelm and also feeling underestimated is so frustrating and numbing. I know it has to do with my insecurities and what not. I wish I could be more accepting and I wish others could be more accepting of me. But at the same time I know there is a limit and I know that I will never accept bad behavior from people just because they are the way the are. Being rude and playing games, playing with emotions is not natural. And never OK

I think Im going to end it here... Before I disclose to much and I lose the flow... I love music like this, its accessible, catchy but it also makes you think about the lyrics and the meaning behind them... Why can't you be happy with me? 

Try a similar look:

SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Oooh love your brown leather skirt here and the cool hat.
    Isn't it the best feeling when you discover a new band you connect with? Love it! I'll have to check out Holychild

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute hat ;]


    xoxo
    new post
    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to check out this band. I understand how you connect to this song. Sometimes it feels like I'm not happy with myself too though. It's hard to be accepting of where I am in life and I'm sure others feel the same about me too.
    But anyway, I really love the color scheme in this outfit. That brown skirt is fantastic and your cardigan looks super comfy.

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look, love your cardigan and boots so much :-)

    Love, Christine
    Makeup, Beauty & Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty dear! I love the look:)
    HAPPY WEEKEND
    xoxo
    http://stylishpatterns.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute outfit, i love it <3
    xoxo

    http://fabulousisfreedom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this outfit! Stunning Amanda!


    www.theycallmetrue.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your hat and your boots! Lovely! xx

    www.blancheneve.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely
    visit my blog @ http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/
    my new post
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2014/09/mohair-oversize-cardigan.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute outfit, I like the darker tones! I definitely have to check out this band you speak of, they sound so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete

© Done n Done. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig